Those of you lucky enough to be at BUILD last week will no doubt be aware that Node Tools for Visual Studio 1.0 Beta has just been released.
Here are some of the headline improvements:
- Now works in the FREE Visual Studio 2013 Express for Web edition – a free edition, as there is for PyTools, was one of the most popular requests,
- Edit and Continue in the debugger,
- TypeScript support.
It’s also worth calling out the extensive Azure support in the suite, offering the ability to create, deploy, and debug Node apps on Azure (including on Linux) – exciting stuff!
Rather than have me talk too much about it, take a look at the videos the team have put together and see it in action for yourselves:
- Installation walkthrough from Pavel. There’s something very exciting in this video: you may not be aware, but Visual Studio 2013 is available for FREE for both startups, via BizSpark, and students, via DreamSpark.
- Building a Twitter app from an existing Node project, also from Pavel.
- Using npm – this one’s by me.
- Remote debugging + edit and continue – again, from Pavel.
See the full announcement on Soma Somasegar’s blog.